Lead SQL Server Database Administrator (SaaS) - NYC
Software Development-New York, New York, United States-Full time
Who Are We?
Our core product simplifies and elevates modern working and living in residential communities with inspired solutions, pioneering technology, and dedicated service. We are a rapidly growing SaaS company, providing an incredibly robust, cross-platform suite of products, serving 5,000+ properties and a growing customer base of nearly two million residents across the globe. We pride ourselves on excellence and delivering meaningful products of the highest standards that translate to measurable impact on the properties we work with.
What Can We Offer You?
First we are a privately-owned and operated B2B SaaS company with the curiosity, energy, and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup! Here you are more than just an employee, we literally adopt you and tell everyone you’re our really cool cousin. Just kidding… sort of, but here is what we offer:
- Dough: Competitive Salary + Commissions Package
- Life & Work Balance: Paid Parental Leave, Bereavement Leave
- R&R: Flexible PTO, Birthday Holiday, Summer Fridays, Work Anniversary Travel Bonus
- Health is Wealth: Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits, Company sponsored HRA, Gym Reimbursement, Healthcare Concierge Service
- Planning for the Future: 401k with 4% matching
- An Awesome Culture: Company Events, Holiday Parties, Friendly Office Competitions
- Lifelong Learning: Professional Development Opportunities (like, limitless)
- Other Things: Job Stability, Commuter Benefits
Aside from our countless benefits and perks, we believe in providing a safe, inclusive, and professional work environment that offers qualities we hold dear: autonomy, flexibility, career growth, promotion, and ongoing performance recognition. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want our people to bring their authentic selves to work. Most importantly, we put employee well-being and happiness above all else. If this sounds like the right place for you, please read on!
What We’re Looking For
As our Lead SQL Server Database Administrator, you will be responsible for ensuring the database meets the needs of a rapidly growing client base now and into the future. You will guide the design and management of our data infrastructure and ecosystem, including both our on-prem physical database servers, as well as the cloud. Our ideal candidate is an inquisitive, results-driven technologist who is passionate about building a forward-thinking and highly-scalable data infrastructure needed for the company to drive growth and business value. Depending on your overall experience, there could be an opportunity to build, lead, manage and mentor a small team of DBAs, so leadership skills are required.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with developers in creating scripts to manage the database schema and create new schema required by developers.
- Responsible for the creation of environment specific databases (e.g. development, staging etc.).
- Partner with the Development team to review and develop SQL queries that exhibit excellent performance, meet product requirements, and focus on scalability and maintainability.
- Support efforts to extract business logic from the database and move into application.
- Work to improve database performance specifically on queries, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining production databases.
- Identify long term initiatives and drive strategies for meeting these goals.
- Own, manage and update database schema and design documentation.
- Optimize and tune workloads and queries to improve system performance and reliability.
- Identify and resolve database inefficiencies.
- Oversee resource provisioning and work with our System Administration team to optimize deployments.
- Install, administer, and maintain our multiple SQL server databases.
- Establish automation and monitoring processes to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Respond to emergency database related alerts, perform scheduled maintenance, and support release deployment activities during periods of low traffic (this may or may not be outside of work hours).
- Develop and execute on a long-term roadmap of initiatives to enhance and build upon the existing database.
- Work with the Infrastructure and Development teams to diversify risk by migrating SaaS microservices/applications to Azure.
- Remain aware of emerging cloud database technologies and apply them where appropriate.
- Work with System Administrators and Developers to assess, develop and implement a disaster recovery plan including recovery points, recovery time objectives and business continuity plans.
- 7+ years of relevant Database Administration and/or Database Architecture experience required.
- Comfortable managing stakeholder expectations and an ability to partner with the founder to drive initiatives.
- Communicate effectively, clearly, and concisely.
- Proven experience in leading and managing DBAs.
- Work in a collaborative team environment with developers, QA, and project managers.
- Hands-on experience with data migrations, Availability Groups, application modernization, and data warehousing
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, and Entity Framework as it relates to the database.
- Experience with automation (database version control, DevOps)
- Possess a healthy obsession for professional development and learning about new technologies.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills.
- Strong sense of accountability, ownership, and initiative.
- Highly resourceful with a willingness to experiment, think “outside-the-box”, and proactively tackle challenging projects.
Our flagship software solution is an industry leading property management technology used by over 5,000 high-rise residential communities globally. As an industry pioneer and leading innovator, our solutions, service, and people have made us one of the most recognized and respected technology providers among property managers and staff, condo/coop boards, and landlords. Our roadmap is packed with new and exciting initiatives to help buildings run even better. Resident lifestyle, voice assistant with our Amazon Alexa Skill; Ledger for simplified property management accounting, more platform integrations, and IoT sensor solutions to target and solve buildings’ operational headaches are just a few of the key initiatives we have in the pipeline. So, if you are looking to work for a dynamic and successful company that cares deeply for both its customers and employees, please apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected class by federal, state or local law.
Please note: In response to COVID-19, we’ve made the decision to work remotely until at least mid-2021. (Don’t worry, we’re still maintaining our awesome, positive, and supportive culture while remote!) Towards the summer, we will reassess the return to the office, and hope to have the Lead SQL Server Database Administrator join us on-site when they feel comfortable doing so.